I love Beef tips! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them! I cook them in the crock-pot over night and into the following day so that they are super tender.
It takes me about ten minutes to prep them and I am done!
- 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup (10.75 oz)
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope of dry onion soup mix
- 1 onion – quartered (I like mine in large chunks so my daughter can pick them out if she wants)
- 2 heaping teaspoons of minced garlic (I buy the already shucked and minced garlic in olive oil ready to go in the jar)
- Salt and pepper (easy on the salt since the soup already has it in it)
- 1 package (8 ounces) of sliced mushrooms – your choice, I prefer baby bellas
- 1 cup cooking white wine
- 2 tablespoon of Beef Better than Bouillon
- 2 pounds of beef stew meat (I double my meat so that I have plenty of leftovers!)
In the crock-pot bowl mix together the first 8 ingredients until well mixed. Add in the stew meat and mix until well blended.
Cover, and let cook on low overnight. In the morning check the flavors, the tips should be about done so that you have a good idea about the taste. Add additional salt and pepper if needed. Continue cooking on low throughout the day. I usually cook mine from about 10PM the night before until 6pm the next day. Call me crazy but it makes for some GREAT tips!
Sometimes we serve this with our version of “mashed potatoes”, which have zero potatoes in the mix. We use cauliflower and butternut squash, real Kerrigold butter, condensed milk, and salt and pepper to get the flavor that we are seeking. However, tomorrow we are going to try the tips with our cauliflower rice recipe. I think it is going to turn out wonderful, I cannot wait!!!
I will try and update with a picture of the dish tomorrow night, if I think about it. I might be in a food comma and forget, it is easy to do with this dish.
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be hard just avoid sugar and complex carbs and you are good to go! This is one of my favorite busy mom on the go recipes.